Over the years, Pelikan has released quite a few Special Editions, as each calendar year typically does add one or more of them in either of the lines M40x, M60x, M8ox, or M100x.
This year 2020, much of Pelikan’s releases have been delayed and/or shifted towards the end of the year, as Covid has been challenging the world in many ways.
Nevertheless, the end of 2020 brings us one of the (in my personal opinion) best ever Special Editions: properly themed in due time for Christmas, Pelikan presents us with the Souverän M600 Tortoiseshell-Red (Schildpatt-Rot).
This is the second Schildpatt/Tortoiseshell Pelikan that I review on these pages here. The last one was the 2016 Special Edition M400 Brown-Tortoise, and this M600 here is no less spectacular.
Before we hop into the review, I would like to take the opportunity to thank Pelikan for supporting this video review.
- Pelikan M600 Tortoiseshell-Red (2020 Special Edition)
- Barrel made from red resin / tortoiseshell-patterned stripes in hues of brown, orange, and red, made from cellulose acetate
- 24k gold plated accents and trims
- 14k gold nib, rhodium plated, bi-color
- Piston filling-mechanism
- Available nib options: Extra Fine (EF), Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B)
- Price: around 400 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.