The last available Pelikan Souverän in “Tortoiseshell-Brown” was the release of the M800 back in 2013 – and the pen was sold out in the blink of an eye. Ever since, fountain pen-enthusiasts couldn’t wait for Pelikan to release another Souverän-model in this finish. Especially the popular M400-size was much requested.
In September 2016, Pelikan has finally quenched that thirst by releasing the long awaited Souverän M400 in Tortoiseshell-Brown. From what I can tell, the pen has already taken the fountain pen-community by storm. Being on the market for about 2 months now, there are more and more reviews available and social media is flooded with brown-orange-striated patterns. I, for one, am very glad that I got my hands on a model myself, since I do expect the pen to be sold out as fast as the M800 was sold out back then. If you like the pen, I’d recommend you to get on asap, since 2nd hand-market prices later on are likely to increase.
Check out the video-review below, which is, as always, preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Pelikan Souverän M400 Tortoiseshell-Brown (2016 Special Edition)
- Barrel made from resin / Tortoiseshell-patterned stripes made from cellulose acetate
- 24k gold plated accents and trims
- 14k gold nib, rhodium plated, bi-color
- Piston filling-mechanism (1.3 ml ink capacity)
- Available nib options: Extra Fine (EF), Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B) + Italic Broad (IB)
- Price: around 320 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.
What a beautiful pen.
Thanks for your great, thorough review!
Many thanks for your kind feedback!