The traveler’s notebooks are customizable notebooks that are very popular among many. They do, however, often come in formats that take a little getting used to. X17 notebooks follow the same exchangeable and customizable book-by-book format, just that they come in sizes such as A7, A6, A5 or A4+. This made it worth the while for me to take a closer look at them.
So here’s a video-review of the A5 version – preceded by some quick facts. I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- A5 leather notebook (book-by-book system, i.e. exchangeable inserts)
- Available in a wide range of sizes from A7 – A4+
- Each size is available in a number of materials, inclusion vegan options and/or polypropylene
- Depending on the material chosen, the pricing ranges from luxury to very affordable
- Vast variety of inserts/refills and extras to choose from for customization (pouches, calendars, notebook paper, page markers, pen loops, etc. pp.)
- Paper: 80 gsm, fountain pen friendly, slightly cream colored (darker than standard copy paper, lighter than Moleskine or Leuchtturm paper)
- Takes also (almost) any standard notebook (e.g. Moleskine Cahier, Leuchtturm Jottbook, …) that comes in any of the standard A-something sizes – depending on the X17-notebook size chosen
Click on the photos to enlarge.
[…] Video & Fotos: scrively.org […]
I checked https://www.x17-shop.de but it’s seems like it’s all in German ?
Do you know if they have an English site where I can order from and would they send to Australia ?
There is a button on the right hand side of the website where you should be able to switch the page language to English. The page with the shipping details seems to be in German only: https://www.x17-shop.de/index.php?page=content&coID=10 .
This is what it say in German, and I will loosely translate for you below what it says:
Versand nach Nordamerika, Südamerika, Afrika und Australien:
Bis zu einem Warenwert von 50,00 EUR berechnen wir eine Verpackungs- und Versandpauschale von 20,- EUR, ab einem Warenwert von 50,00 EUR beträgt die Pauschale 40,00 EUR.
Es ist zu beachten, dass bei Sendungen außerhalb der EU zu den Versandkosten gegebenenfalls Zollgebühren anfallen können.
So it says that they do ship to Australia. Up until an order of 50 EUR, it will cost 20 EUR for shipping. If you order for more than 50 EUR, they will charge 40 EUR for shipping and packaging. They do also caution towards a possibility of you getting taxed in your country.
Hope, that helps.
A little suggestion to move the book closure elastic to only wrap around one, instead of two, of the vertical elastics. It looks a lot better that way 😀
Thanks for a great review.
Thanks for your comment and the hint! Very useful tip, indeed.
This is a great review; thanks! I was wondering if you had a close up picture of the Leuchtturm dot grid and X17 dot grid paper side by side? I want to switch to the X17 but I like faint dots and can’t find a comparison shot anywhere online to get a feel for how they’d compare. Many thanks!
Hi! Thanks much. This is a bit of an older review, and I do not have all of the products anymore, But I believe you can use other inserts with the notebook as well – you are not tied to the X17 ones.