Platinum, beside Sailor and Pilot, is one of the “big three” Japanese fountain pen manufacturers and said to produce some of the finest writing instruments out there. One of them being their famous Century 3776-series, which in my honest opinion and after about three months of testing, really is one of the best pens out there (considering its price, too). Needless to say that I had to get one of them to try out. Hence, I am ever thankful to John of Luxury Brands of America who has shipped a Nice Pur over to me for review purposes.
So, check out the video-review below – as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Platinum Century #3776 Nice Pur (fountain pen)
- Available in a number of different finishes
- Cartridge/converter filler (Platinum proprietary)
- Available nib options for the Nice Pur: Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B). Other pens of the series also have additional nib options available such as Music nibs or SF-(soft fine)nibs that have some flex
- Resin barrel (sandblasted and with cut-ins)
- Rhodium trims
- 14k gold nib (Rhodium plated)
- “Slip & Seal-technology” (essentially and air tight inner cap) prevents nib-unit from drying out for up to 3-6 months (according to Platinum)
Click on the photos to enlarge.