The Pelikan Souverän M805 Stresemann, to me personally, probably is the ultimate fountain pen. I have been wanting to do a review of it for quite some time. So finally, I shot a video review. Here it is – I hope you enjoy it!
- Named after Gustav Stresemann (1879- 1929) foreign minister of the Weimar Republic, who enjoyed wearing striped suits – a popular look that people back then applied to the striped Pelikan fountain pen, calling it “Stresemann”.
- Piston Filler
- Screw-on cap
- Anthrazite stripes made from cellulose acetate on a resin barrel
- Clip and rings palladium plated
- Nib: 18 carat gold, rhodinized
- Nib sizes: EF, F, M, B
- The Pelikan M800 is available in a variety of colors, but it is the M805 that is called “Stresemann” and available in anthracite only
- Premium Pen – costing around 470€
(Video erratum: I do make a guess in the video that the M1000 fountain pen – which is Pelikan’s flagship model – costs about 250€ more than the M805, which is wrong. The M1000 costs about 100€ more than the M805.)
Click on the photos to enlarge.
Thank you 🙂