Namisu is an interesting UK-based company that has successfully come up with a range of writing instruments – especially fountain pens – that excel first and foremost through their built quality as well as a unique, clipless, minimalist design.
The fountain pens they do are equipped with Bock-nibs that imho are in a class of their own. What is super interesting about the Namisu pens is that they mostly also are available in a Titanium nib option (besides the regular steel). While the Bock steel nibs are really great, the Ti-ones are definitely worth looking into. They provide incredible smoothness and some awesome semi-flex – and are a nice alternative to other high-end nibs such as gold or palladium.
This review here will be on the Orion in stonewashed titanium, and since I got a Medium (M) Ti-nib as well as an Extra Fine (EF) steel-nib, I’ll cover both of them in the video-review below.
But enough of the prelude for now. Check out the rest of the pen in the video-review below – as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Namisu Orion (fountain pen, stonewashed titanium)
- Available also in sandblasted titanium as well as black or silver aluminium (the latter for about two thirds of the Ti’s price)
- Pen is made from a single piece of solid titanium
- Stone washing-patterns are inspired by the Japanese principle of Wabi Sabi that locates beauty in imperfection
- Clipless design
- Cartridge/converter filler (standard international)
- Available nib options (all #6 Bock-nibs):
- Steel: Extra Fine (EF), Medium (M) and Broad (B)
- Titanium: Extra Fine (EF) and Medium (M) – the Ti-nib will add about 30£ to the price mentioned below
- Price: 60£ (incl. the steel nib and a Schmidt-converter)
Click on the photos to enlarge.
Excellent review. I enjoy their pens. I wish I had get Namisu Nova when it was on kickstarter. At the moment only sandblasted titanium is available on their website and I guess I would prefer black one. Anyway – great review.
Thank you very much! I heard that they are gonna get back some of their models back in stock again, soon.