It is not all too long ago that I have reviewed the Diplomat Aero, which is a very interesting looking pen with a unique design. It is no secret, and I think the review back then also couldn’t hide this, that I really liked this pen. Since I was that excited about the pen, I wanted to try my hands on another model – this time something a bit more classy.
A word and a blow. I got my hands onto the Diplomat Excellence A plus. This is a super classy looking pen, which I review here with the silver trims and black lacquered barrel. Again, I have not been disappointed by the pen. Actually, quite the opposite is true – and I do not get tired to point out that Diplomat is a very underrated brand that produces extremely good pens at a great value and that definitely needs and deserves more attention.
But let’s have a closer look at the pen in the video-review below – as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Diplomat Excellence A plus (fountain pen)
- Available in different finishes as well as with silver and gold trims
- Metal barrel, lacquered, chrome trims and spring loaded clip
- Cartridge/converter filler (standard international, converter included)
- Available nib options: Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B) / steel and 14k-gold nib options – here, I review the Fine steel nib (No.6 JoWo-nib)
- Price: around 130 €
There is a mistake I make in the video when talking about the price of the pen. I say the pen costs between 80 and 100 Euro. This is wrong. I mixed up the price with the one for the Diplomat Excellence (not the “plus”). The Excellence “plus” actually costs a little more at around 130 Euro. Sorry for that.
Click on the photos to enlarge.