I have already given the Pilot Capless aka Vanishing Point a review a little while ago. In the meantime, I had a Pilot Décimo incoming – the little sibling of the Capless so to speak – as I also had a couple of questions on how the more glossy and matte finishes of the Capless do compare to one another. All of that combined, I thought that a comparative overview video might be helpful. So here we go with a comparison of
- the glossy black vs. the matte black finish of the Capless
- gold trim & black vs. a silver trim & black
- the Capless vs. the Décimo (design, size, weight)
- the F(ine) nib vs. the M(edium) nib.
Before we hop into the review, I would like to take the opportunity to thank Write Here in the UK for supporting this video overview. You can also buy the Pilot pens at their webshop (no affiliate-link, just a friendly pointer).
But now, check out the video-overview below, which is as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Pilot Capless (aka Vanishing Point) & Pilot Décimo
- Retractable nib mechanism
- Available in many different colors and finishes
- Cartridge-/converter-filler (Pilot proprietary, Con-40/50 converter and one ink cartridge supplied with the pen)
- Nib: 18k gold, rhodium plated
- Nib-options: Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B) – in some markets Extra Fine (EF) is available, too
- Price: ca. 169 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.
Wow, great photographs! Thanks for the very detailed overview & comparison!
Thank you very much. Hope you are doing fine!