The Palomino Blackwing pencil is one of those iconic stationery products that one probably just has to have reviewed. I have, of course, seen them all over the place for quite a long time now. However, for some reason I have never really pulled the trigger on taking a closer look at them. Until now, when it finally caught me to see for myself what all this Blackwing-fuss is about.
Does the Blackwing live up to what it is hyped to? Well, yes and no. Check my review to see why.
- Incense-cedar wood pencil
- Brass-colored ferule with exchangeable erasers (the latter available in different colors)
- Different Palomino Blackwing Pencils available:
- Palomino Blackwing (the ‘black one’): soft graphite – sketching pencil
- Palomino Blackwing 602: firm graphite – writing pencil
- Palomino Blackwing Pearl: balanced graphite – allrounder (softer than 602, firmer than the ‘black one’)
- a number of special editions
- Available e.g. from:
Click on the photos to enlarge.