Even though my writing instrument of preference is a fountain pen, this is not always also the most practical or convenient writing instrument. Hence, I always have a selected few ballpoints, rollerball pens, or the like handy. While my preference for fountain pens explains the rather many fountain pen-reviews on these pages here, I do not consider myself a fountain pen-reviewer exclusively, but rather a stationery blogger (well, with an affinity).
Having that said, it’s naturally not that many ballpoints or rollerballs that make it into the review queue – or even all the way through it. Do they make it, is it often a – to me personally – especially noteworthy, promising, or interesting pen. The Stilform KOSMOS is just such a pen that really sparked my curiosity, which is why I am really grateful that the fine people at Stilform in Munich (Germany) have shipped one over for review.
Check out the video-review of the pen below – as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Stilform KOSMOS pen (ballpoint) – the one reviewed here is ‘Comet Grey’, but the pen is available in many other colors such as blue, black, silver, rose gold, or gold
- Machined from a solid block of aluminium
- Slide-meachnism for opening/closing
- Parker G2-style refill (> compatible with a whole bunch of great refill-options)
- Price: 59 €
- Accessories in the video-review below:
- Pen holder (American Cedar) – 14,95 €
- Pen pouch (Black Leather) – 14,95 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.
I enjoyed your video quite a lot.I found myself drawn to the pen.After going to Stilform I ordered a Kosmos in Comet Grey.It is all the you said it was.I too like playing with it’s mechanism!The feel of the Kosmos in ones hand is very nice.I have enjoyed your other review’s too.
Thanks for your feedback! Glad you enjoy this lovely pen – and: happy writing 🙂 !
I bought a Stilform fountain pen with loads of accessories for € 145, because I use a fountain pen often and I really liked the design.
Unfortunately, I could better have ordered from AliExpress. I can only say that both the pen and the service at Stilform are terrible:
– The magnets in the pen don’t align and therefore the cap of the pen is crooked.
– After putting the pen aside for a couple of days, it doesn’t write anymore and you need to go through a hassle to get it working again. Every time.
– I sent Stilform 7 e-mails regarding these issues and all they did was to send me an alignment tool, that also doesn’t work. In the beginning they even tried to charge me for the shipping costs for this tool, although they sent me a defective product at first.
At this moment they don’t answer to my emails anymore. Which really is a shame.
My advice, stay away from them and buy a Waterman or a Mont Blanc.
Sorry to hear about this experience. Indeed not how it should be.