Montblanc normally does quite a few special releases over the calendar year. Mostly, those releases are different designs of pen bodies.
It is fantastic to see that companies such as Leonardo, Aurora, and now also Montblanc, bring back the variety of nibs that were commonplace back in the days – and that in the modern days we were only used to from specialty nib makers such as Sailor.
But let’s now have a look at what the Montblanc Diplomat 149 Calligraphy Curved nib is all about!
Before we hop into the review, I would like to take the opportunity to thank Appelboompennen for supporting the review of this pen. You can also buy the Montblanc 149 Calligraphy Curved Nib in their webshop (no affiliate – just a friendly pointer).
Check out the video-review below, which is as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Montblanc 149 Calligraphy Curved Nib (Special Edition)
- Barrel made from black precious resin
- Gold plated accents and trims
- 18k gold nib, fudge style (broad side stroke, ca BB; thin down stroke, ca F-M; varying line width depending on nib angle)
- Piston filling-mechanism
- Available nib options: Fudge style – varying line width depending on nib angle
- Price: around 875 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.