It’s been a while that I had a review of the Faber-Castell Loom here on the blog. Back then I had looked at the piano white-finish – and if I recall it correctly, I was full of praise for the pen. Besides it having been a fingerprint magnet.
Recently, Faber-Castell released the Loom in a new finish that I found particularly appealing: a matte gunmetal grayish-black. Same awesome steel nib, same sleek modern design, same convenient price range – but sort of a muted appearance and no fingerprint magnet. Sounded promising enough to have a look at this new finish for you!
So here’s the video-review – preceded by some quick facts. I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Faber-Castell Loom – Fountain Pen, gunmetal matte (also available in glossy gunmetal)
- Metal body and rippled grip, spring loaded clip
- Available in a number of different other cap colors, e.g. orange, purple, blue, black, silver, …
- Fills with standard international-sized cartridges or converter
- Available nib sizes: EF – B (steel)
- Costing around 45 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.
Thanks, great review. This finish is a bit more expensive than the default silver ones, but looks worth it. Very appealing. I am going throug a bit of a safari-phase at the moment, but this one is definitely on my list!
It is a fabulous pen – but hey: the Safari isn’t any less great of a pen!