Wow, was I surprised to notice that it has been 4 (!) years since I have reviewed the last Diplomat pen – a brand which I have a high opinion of, and that I have reviewed multiple pens from.
Diplomat was founded in 1922, meaning that the last year 2022 formed their 100 year anniversary. For this special occasion, Diplomat launched a special pen – something they had never done before in terms of production style and filling system: the Diplomat Nexus Fountain Pen.
Diplomat says they named the pen Nexus to signify a high level of connection between technical innovation and ergonomic design.
Did they succeed, and does the Nexus live up to this ambition? See all about it in the video review below!
The video is, as always, preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Diplomat Nexus Fountain Pen
- All-metal body (blue or black anodized) with viewing window for checking the fill level
- Chrome-plated clip
- Screwable cap
- Eye-dropper filler (capacity of more than 7 ink cartridges) with leak protection mechanism
- Comes with a glas of ink + two syringes (for filling)
- Available nib options: Extra Fine (EF), Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B) / steel and 14k-gold nib options – here, I review the Fine steel nib (No.6 JoWo-nib)
- Price: 390 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.