I have already reviewed the Waterman Expert some time ago, and quite liked it. The Waterman Carène with its famous inlaid nib is one of Watermans flagship models and probably their most well-known fountain pen, so it was a no-brainer that I had to review one at some point. I’m really glad I had the chance to look at this pen – no minute spent with it have I regretted, and I have used this pen in rotation for the past six months. There is no doubt to me that this is one of the best pens I’ve used in my journey so far. I seriously think everyone should own one.
Before we hop into the review, I would like to take the opportunity to thank the kind people at La Couronne du Comte for providing me with this pen so that I could do this review for you.
Now, let’s have a closer look at the pen in the video-review below, which is, as always, preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Waterman Carène (Black Sea Chrome Trim – the pen is also available in many other finishes and sizes)
- Body: lacquered metal
- Accents and trims: palladium plated
- Clip: spring-loaded, palladium plated
- Cartridge-/converter-filler (standard international, converter supplied with the pen)
- Nib: 18k gold, rhodium plated
- Nib-options: Fine (F) and Medium (M)
- Price: ca. 210 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.