The Pilot Capless (or Vanishing Point, as it also is called) is a very special pen in the sense that it is a fountain pen with a retractable nib. That makes the awesomeness of writing with a fountain pen available at (almost) the convenience of a ballpoint pen. And there are not very many pen models out there on the market that can pull that off. The Capless is such an pen – and certainly the most well known one – which is reason enough to have a look at this interesting writer.
Now, let’s have a closer look at the pen in the video-review below, which is, as always, preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Pilot Capless (aka Vanishing Point)
- Retractable nib mechanism
- Body: satiny matte dark blue finish (available in many other colors and finishes)
- Clip, Accents and trims: satiny (matte) black finish
- Cartridge-/converter-filler (Pilot proprietary, Con-40/50 converter and one ink cartridge supplied with the pen)
- Nib: 18k gold
- Nib-options: Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B) – in some markets Extra Fine (EF) is available, too
- Price: ca. 180 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.