The entry level into Pelikans Fine Writing range is their Elegance product line. Herein, the probably most iconic pen is the M200/205 Classic, which comes in a number of different finishes, as well as some limited special editions (such as the recently reviewed M205 Aquamarine). The Classic Black (with gold trims) that I review here is maybe the most popular pen in this range – and we’ll have a look at it below.
Before we hop straight into things, I would like to take the chance to thank my partner Penworld.eu for their kind assistance with this pen, so that I could shoot this review. Penworld carries a large part of the Pelikan range, and you can of course also get the M200 from them. I have never been disappointed by their great customer care and fast shipping, and am sure you will enjoy the same service. There are no affiliates included here and I will not benefit in any way by you buying from Penworld. This is just a shoutout and appreciation of a partner I work with.
Now on to the video-review below, which is, as always, preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Pelikan M200 (Classic Black)
- Polished, glossy black resin body
- 24k gold-plated accents and trims
- Piston filling-mechanism (1.3 ml ink capacity) / the same pen is also available as a cartridge pen
- Transparent green ink window
- Available steel-nib options: Extra Fine (EF), Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B)
- Price: around 100 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.