Leuchtturm1917 has, in the first half of 2016, released a new notebook-format – the B5 Composition. Price- and size-wise, this notebook lays pretty much exactly in between the Medium-notebook (A5) and the Master-notebook (A4+).
Since I also am an avid Bullet Journalist and a great fan of fountain pens and ink, I do enjoy using the Leuchtturm notebooks. This is simply because they are available in dot grid-ruling, which I find to be of great advantage for Bullet Journaling.
So, I wanted to check out the new(er) B5 size to see how it will work for me. I have not yet came to really use it for Bullet Journaling – a review on that experience is still to come. What I will do here, is cover the notebook itself, compare it to some of the other available Leuchtturm1917 notebook sizes, and then spend the second half of the review on demonstrating fountain pen-usage on the notebook’s paper.
So here’s the video-review – preceded by some quick facts. I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- B5 size notebook (Leuchtturm calls that “Composition”, 178 x 254 mm)
- Cost: 17,50 €
- Available colors: black, pink, red, orange, azure blue, navy blue, army green
- Available rulings: blank, lined, dot grid
- Soft cover
- 121 numbered pages
- 8 perforated and detachable sheets
- Back pocket
- Blank table of contents and numbered pages
- 2 page markers
- Elastic enclosure bands
- Thread-bound book opens flat
- Ink-proof ivory color paper (80 g/sqm)
Click on the photos to enlarge.