When it comes to pocket pens, many people think of the Kaweco Sport straight away. Me included, for the longest time. For some reason, I have always overlooked the Kaweco Special S. Maybe because I thought it is made from plastic. Which it is not. It is made from aluminium. Maybe also just because the Sport overshadows everything else. While the Sport rightfully is a pocket pen that many in the pen community hold dear, don’t make the same mistake that I have made for too long: don’t overlook the Special S. It’s a really nice pocket pen – and it makes a great EDC-kit in the ballpoint/mechanical pencil-set that I have a look at here.
Check out the video-review below, which is as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Kaweco Special S (mechanical pencil and ballpoint reviewed here)
- Matte black aluminum body
- Mechanical pencil available in 0.5, 0.7, 0.9 and 2.0 mm (0.5 mm reviewed here)
- Ballpoint (takes D1 refills)
- Price: mechanical pencil ca. 30 €, ballpoint ca. 35 €
- Clip available separately
- Pouch available seperately
Click on the photos to enlarge.