The Kaweco Dia2 is an interesting pen model whose vintage appearance refers back to the origin of the original Kaweco Dia model from the 1920s. Especially the knurling on the pens end and on the cap reinforces this vintage feel.
While many people in the fountain pen world are familiar with the ubiquitous Kaweco Sport, the Dia2 often goes rather unnoticed. This is a pity, because it’s a really nice pen – and to be honest, it’s my favorite of all the Kaweco models. Also, the Dia2 is a pen in the wider size range of the Pelikan M200/400, which makes it an excellent shirt-pocket pen.
All of the above, sure enough, was reason enough for me to get my hands on a Dia2 – and shoot a video review for you. The video is, as always, preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Kaweco Dia2 Fountain Pen (Chrome Trim)
- Barrel made from resin
- Chrome-plated brass accents
- Knurling on cap and barrel-end
- Cartridge/converter-filler (standard international)
- Available #5 steel-nib options: Extra Fine (EF), Fine (F), Medium (M), Broad (B), Double Broad (BB)
- Price: around 80 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.