The Diplomat Excellence A2 that I review in this video is a rather new model, the successor of the A, and really a hybrid in between the old A and the other current model, the A+. Here’s the differences at a glance:
- Excellence A: Push-on cap & regular clip
- Excellence A+: Screw-on cap & spring-loaded clip
- Excellence A2: Push-on cap (with new soft-close mechanism) & spring-loaded clip
But let’s have a closer look at the pen in the video-review below – as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Diplomat Excellence A2 (fountain pen)
- Available in different finishes as well as with silver and gold trims
- Metal guilloche barrel, lacquered, chrome trims and spring loaded clip
- Cartridge/converter filler (standard international, converter included)
- Available nib options: Extra Fine (EF), Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B) / steel and 14k-gold nib options – here, I review the Medium steel nib (No.6 JoWo-nib)
- Price: around 160 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.