Diplomat is a long-standing German high quality pen manufacturer with a history going back until 1922. A couple of years ago, these pens were pretty popular, but to my knowledge it got a little quite around them in the more recent times. I sincerely hope that this does change soon, since they do make excellent pens at a great value.
One of Diplomats more recent pens is a model called Aero, which is around since a couple of years only. What sets this fountain pen apart from many other pens that you can find around is its very distinct look that is reminiscent of the German Zeppelin airship. Also, it is an excellent writer, of course.
But let’s have a closer look at it in the video-review below – as always preceded by some quick facts. Again, I hope the review is helpful and that you enjoy watching it!
- Diplomat Aero (fountain pen – also available as rollerball, ballpoint and mechanical pencil)
- Available in black, brown, and silver
- Pen is made from anodized (matte) aluminium; grip section is supposedly steel
- Cartridge/converter filler (standard international)
- Available nib options: Fine (F), Medium (M) and Broad (B) / steel and 14k-gold nib options – here, I review the Medium steel nib (No.6 JoWo-nib)
- Price: Available from around 85 -100 €
Click on the photos to enlarge.